1. You must first install an update from Microsoft. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-
2. Download WampServer 2.2 (note: this link may immediately start the download to your default download folder)
3. Save it to your desktop
4. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions
5. Install WampServer to C:\wamp
6. Leave other default suggestions from the installer as they are
7. Start WampServer once installed (you should see a W icon in your icon tray turn green, indicating your server is online)
8. Open a browser and browse to http://localhost
9. You should see a page with information about WampServer
1. Go to http://www.mamp.info/en/index.
2. Under MAMP: One-click-solution for setting up your personal webserver, click the “DOWNLOAD NOW” button and save it to your desktop. It’s a large download, so it will take some time!
3. Double-click the downloaded MAMP_2.1.1.pkg file and follow the instructions
4. Start MAMP.app once installed and click Preferences
5. Click Ports
6. Click Set to default Apache and MySQL ports
7. Click OK
8. Click Start Servers (MAC may prompt you for authorization when you do this)
9. Open a browser and browse to http://localhost/MAMP
10. You should see a page with information about MAMP
(Follow this lovely video by someone who has a somewhat monotone voice, but gives a great tutorial! http://www.youtube.com/watch?